Program of Study & Academic Levels
Our Program of Studies offers information on graduation requirements and course offerings (including up to 17 AP courses).
At Mercy, we develop each student to her greatest potential by providing her with an environment for maximum growth, at a level commensurate with her abilities. To help meet these challenges, we offer four levels of academic coursework ranging from students with learning differences to gifted learners with Ivy League aspirations.
- AP - Advanced Placement (AP) Implements college-level courses available for students with high ability and a strong desire for highly challenging work.
- Advanced - Focuses on higher order thinking skills and abstraction while requiring more independence and initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Honors 1 - Emphasizes a rigorous college-prep curriculum that challenges interested students considering advanced or AP coursework in the future.
- Honors 2 - Challenges students through an individualized college-prep curriculum that meets the demands of the 21st century.
- Academic - Utilizes content mastery and essential skills in a highly structured, individualized classroom.