COVID-19 Healthy at Mercy
Dear Mercy families,
We have been very fortunate over the past 14 weeks to have implemented a hybrid platform safely and successfully for our students. Governor Beshear issued a statement on Wednesday, November 18, that all K-12 schools must temporarily cease in-person instruction in an effort to curb the significant rise in COVID cases. When we released our Healthy at Mercy plan, we anticipated the possibility of pivoting to 100% online learning, if needed. With just a little over three weeks left in the semester, we have carefully created a comprehensive approach that will allow students to finish the grading period successfully.
Click here to access our updated highlights calendar for November-January. Online school will continue to operate Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 1:35 p.m. We will no longer hold eight consecutive blocks on Wednesdays. Instead, students will use this time to check in with their teachers, access help from PAC interventionists, and work with their academic/personal counselors as needed. Students will also be required to attend a variety of virtual meetings/activities depending upon her grade level. While your student is not required to Zoom in during study, we highly encourage that she take advantage of these academic services in order to fully maximize her semester grades.
Important changes to note for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Mercy's school day will be from 8:00 a.m. - 2:55 p.m. every day with staggered dismissal from 2:40-2:55 p.m. We will not have 2:00 p.m. Thursday dismissals.
- Mercy is operating at 50% capacity and will re-evaluate at the end of each academic quarter. Students will be split by their last names: A-L on Mondays & Tuesdays and M-Z on Thursdays & Fridays, with all students online every Wednesday. Exceptions to the assigned schedule will be considered on an individual basis.
- Students have the option to remain fully online if that is their preference.
- Faculty, staff and students will all be required to follow the Healthy at Mercy guidelines detailed in the reopening plan.
- Mercy is blessed to have a beautiful and inclusive 24-acre campus. We plan to utilize every bit of it this year! This includes, three outdoor athletic fields, outdoor classrooms, two gymnasiums, theatre, dance studio and more.
- Mercy will not have attendance related awards for all four years of high school, so that students do not feel pressured to come to school when they are not feeling well.
- In the event that Mercy has any immediate messages necessary to communicate to you throughout the school year, we will notify you through REACH Alert. This can be set up to come as an email and/or a text.