Students at Mercy Academy receive iPads when they enter as freshmen. Students are responsible for keeping a case on their iPads at all times. The Class of 2026 will receive the 10.2-inch Wifi iPad, 128 GB at JagLife.
Suggested cases for the 10.2-inch iPad, 8th generation (Class of 2025 & 2026)
- Logitech Rugged Combo 3 Case with Integrated Smart Connector Keyboard for 10.2-inch iPad (7th and 8th generation) - Blue: Available for $99.95 with THIS OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES FORM. Must be turned in by July 1.
- Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard Case with Trackpad for iPad (9th generation): Available for $150 on Apple or Amazon.
- Akkerds Case - Compatible with iPad 10.2 2021/2020 iPad 9th/8th Gen/2019 iPad 7th Gen with Pencil Holder: Available for $10.99 on Amazon.
- Rantice iPad 9th Generation Shockproof Rugged Drop protection Case: Available for $20 on Amazon.
- Keyboard Case for iPad 9th Generation (10.2 inch): Available for $27.99 on Amazon.
- iPad Keyboard Case for 9th Generation iPad 10.2: Available for $40 on Amazon.
Suggested cases for the 10.2-inch iPad, 7th generation (Class of 2024)
- Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard Case with Trackpad
- Hybrid Shockproof Rugged Drop Protection Cover Built with Kickstand
- Touchpad Keyboard Case
- COO Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case
Suggested cases for the 9.7-inch iPad (Class of 2023)
- Apple Pencil - 1st Generation: Available for $89 with THIS OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES FORM. Must be turned in by July 9.
- Adonit Jot Pro 3: Available on their website or on Amazon for $30
- Your daughter will need to have an Apple ID to use with her iPad.
- Please ensure your daughter has this information at JagLife 101 in August.
- You are welcome to use an existing Apple ID, and sisters can share an Apple ID.
- If you do not have one, please sign up for free at appleid.apple.com
Textbooks on the iPad
- Please see booklist to determine books that need to be purchased and downloaded after the iPad is received at JagLife 101. On the 2021-2022 Booklist, several courses require ebooks. These can be purchased through MBS Online Bookstore, directly through iTunes or through the publisher (please see the book list to determine appropriate method). Directions for downloading books purchased through MBS will be sent to the email address used to purchase the books.
Any questions not answered below can be directed to Mercy’s Educational Technology Specialist, Amanda DeGrella.
- What will the iPad cost?
- What model of iPad will my student receive?
- If a student already owns an iPad, do they have to buy one from Mercy?
- May teachers require students to purchase apps for their class?
- When will students receive their iPads?
- How will Mercy monitor and control the devices?
- While at home, how should parents monitor and control internet access and device?
- Do I need an iTunes account? May students load apps they want for personal use?
- How do I print from the iPad?
- Can students put their own music and movies on the iPad?
- What does the warranty and insurance cover?
- What if my iPad isn’t working properly or accidentally broken?
- Will the data be lost if my iPad needs to be replaced?
- What should I do if my iPad is lost or stolen?
- Will we need to purchase additional accessories with the iPad?
- Will the student be able to use electronic books in place of regular textbooks?
- Will students still use computers?