Students at Mercy Academy receive iPads when they enter as freshmen. Students are responsible for keeping a case on their iPads at all times. The Class of 2027 will receive the 10.9-inch 10th generation iPad, 256 GB with the Logitech Rugged Combo 4 case at JagLife.
Suggested cases for the 10.2-inch iPad, 8th/9th generation (Class of 2025 & 2026)
- Logitech Rugged Combo 3 Case with Integrated Smart Connector Keyboard for 10.2-inch iPad
- Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard Case with Trackpad for iPad (9th generation)
- Akkerds Case with Pencil Holder
- Rantice iPad 9th Generation Shockproof Rugged Drop protection Case
Suggested cases for the 10.2-inch iPad, 7th generation (Class of 2024)
- Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard Case with Trackpad
- Hybrid Shockproof Rugged Drop Protection Cover Built with Kickstand
- COO Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case
- Apple Pencil - 1st Generation (iPad 10th Generation will need adapter for pairing/charging)
- Adonit Jot Pro 3
- Adonit Dash 4
- Your student will need to have an Apple ID to use with her iPad.
- Your student will be given information at JagLife in August on setting up Apple ID.
- You are welcome to use an existing Apple ID, and sisters can share an Apple ID.
- You can create a new Apple ID using Family Sharing.
- If you do not have one, please sign up for free at appleid.apple.com
Textbooks on the iPad
- Most textbooks can be purchased by creating an MBS account prior to JagLife. Use the "shop by schedule" feature (you will need your student's student ID#). Some items, such as Theology textbook or novels for English, will need to be purchased after your student receives her iPad at JagLife. Directions for downloading books purchased through MBS will be sent to the student email address entered during the checkout process.
Any questions not answered below can be directed to Mercy’s Educational Technology Specialist, Mrs. Amanda DeGrella.
Mercy iPad FAQ
- What will the iPad cost?
- What model of iPad will my student receive?
- If my student already owns an iPad, do I have to buy one from Mercy?
- May teachers require students to purchase apps for their class?
- When will students receive their iPads?
- How will Mercy monitor and control the devices?
- While at home, how should parents/guardians monitor and control internet access and device?
- Do students need an iTunes account? Can we load apps our student wants for personal use?
- How does my student print from her iPad?
- Can students put their own music and movies on the iPad?
- What does the warranty and insurance cover?
- What if my student's iPad isn’t working properly or accidentally broken?
- Will the data be lost if my student's iPad needs to be replaced?
- What should I do if my student's iPad is lost or stolen?
- Will we need to purchase additional accessories with the iPad?
- Will my student use electronic books in place of regular textbooks?
- Will students still use computers?
- Can restrictions be put on my student's iPad?