Mercy's Fine Arts department offers students many real-life opportunities to showcase their talents outside the classroom. Our experienced teachers work with students of all ability levels to improve their skills in choral music, 2-D and 3-D art, technical theatre, graphic design and creative writing.
Fine Arts Program Highlights:
- Attend and perform at the International Thespian Festival as the Kentucky Chapter Select.
- Collaborate with classmates to create a permanent mural in the school.
- Compete in the annual Derby Art Museum contest, and display winning artwork in public exhibits.
- Compose 10-minute original plays to be performed and published by Actors Theatre of Louisville.
- Contribute to theatre productions with behind-the-scenes work in set design, costumes and makeup.
- Create musical arrangements and accompaniments for theatre and vocal performances.
- Participate in a state-wide a cappella competition, and work alongside professional artists.
- Perform a self-written and self-directed play at the acclaimed Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland.
- Produce a nationally-recognized literary magazine, composed of remarkable student artwork and literature.