Bequests and other planned gifts will help ensure Mercy continues our mission of providing a quality Catholic education to young women from all walks of life for many years to come. Over the years, several friends have made provisions for Mercy in their estate plans. Those who notify Mercy of these intentions are recognized as members of the Sister Prisca Legacy Society.
As a member, you are an important part of the continued growth of Mercy and will assist generations of students to come. You will also receive the following:
- With your permission, your name with be engraved on Mercy’s Wall of Honor located in the lobby of the school.
- Special invitations to gatherings for Sister Prisca Legacy members.
Some examples of planned gifts:
- Prepare a will leaving a specific dollar amount, asset, or percentage of your estate or trust to Mercy.
- Consider various assets for your charitable gift such as stocks, bonds, CDs or real estate.
- Designate Mercy as the beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA or life insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones through memorial gifts.
- Encourage family members and friends to join the Sister Prisca Legacy Society.
- Consider establishing a life income gift that will provide current income to you and/or a loved one, while providing significant tax benefits.
- Ask your financial advisor to assist you with the best planned gift for your financial position.
For more information about planned giving, please contact Director of Advancement, Leslie Hibdon, at (502) 671-2021.