The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, a Catholic high school for young women sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, seeks a leader to be its next president, effective June 1, 2019, following the retirement of its current president after 25 years as head of school.
Founded in 1885, Mercy is deeply rooted in the values and traditions of the Sisters of Mercy. It is widely known, most recently, as the first STEM-accredited all-girls school in the country. Mercy takes pride in its individualized, family-like atmosphere with an ability to bring excellent results to a diverse population with varied aspirations. Students receive a powerful learning experience in a wide variety of high-performing areas. As a college preparatory school with an award-winning visual and performing arts program, a nationally recognized service learning and leadership program, and championship sports in a variety of areas, students receive an exceptional well-rounded education which prepares them as highly creative, critical thinkers for the 21stCentury.
- An active Catholic with the ability to advance the mission and values of Mercy moving into the future
- Proven track record of developing and advancing the growth and success of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders in a unified vision
- Demonstrated integration of strategic, operational and financial management skills
- Previous success in building mutually beneficial relationships with the philanthropic, corporate and nonprofit sectors
- Successful completion of an advanced degree
A detailed role description can be found here. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.