Program of Study & Academic Levels
Our Program of Studies offers information on graduation requirements and course offerings (including up to 19 AP courses & 11 DC Classes).
At Mercy, we develop each student to her greatest potential by providing her with an environment for maximum growth, at a level commensurate with her abilities. To help meet these challenges, we offer six levels of academic coursework ranging from students with learning differences to gifted learners with Ivy League aspirations.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - College-level course for students with exceptional abilities, independent learning styles, intrinsic motivation and strong desires for challenging work. Students who earn a score of three or higher on the AP exam receive college credit.
- Dual Credit (DC) - Advanced coursework that allows students to simultaneously earn high school and college credit through exposure to intellectually demanding tasks and instruction.
- Advanced - Independent and fast-paced classroom that focuses on conceptualization and critical thinking skills.
- Honors 1 - Rigorous college-prep curriculum that challenges students considering advanced, DC or AP coursework in the future.
- Honors 2 - Individualized college-prep curriculum that challenges students to meet the demands of the 21st century by focusing on collaboration and problem solving.
- Academic - Highly structured classroom that provides the scope and depth of content to meet the learners at a pace that best matches their ability.