Program of Study & Academic Levels
Our Program of Studies offers information on graduation requirements and course offerings (including up to 17 AP courses).
At Mercy, we develop each student to her greatest potential by providing her with an environment for maximum growth, at a level commensurate with her abilities. To help meet these challenges, we offer six levels of academic coursework ranging from students with learning differences to gifted learners with Ivy League aspirations.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - College-level course for students with exceptional abilities, independent learning styles, intrinsic motivation and strong desires for challenging work. Students who earn a score of three or higher on the AP exam receive college credit.
- Dual Credit (DC) - Advanced coursework that allows students to simultaneously earn high school and college credit through exposure to intellectually demanding tasks and instruction.
- Advanced - Independent and fast-paced classroom that focuses on conceptualization and critical thinking skills.
- Honors 1 - Rigorous college-prep curriculum that challenges students considering advanced, DC or AP coursework in the future.
- Honors 2 - Individualized college-prep curriculum that challenges students to meet the demands of the 21st century by focusing on collaboration and problem solving.
- Academic - Highly structured classroom that provides the scope and depth of content to meet the learners at a pace that best matches their ability.