Learning Differences Program
Our Learning Differences Program is designed to meet the individual needs of students and provide support to assist each learner in reaching her academic and personal potential. Students with learning differences work with the same advanced-degreed counselor all four years while at Mercy.
- Comprehensive in-class and out-of-class accommodations to meet each student’s unique learning needs.
- Entrance into the Academic Services Program to receive individualized intervention from a certified literary specialist.
- Structured guidance on organization and time management to ensure academic success.
- Tutoring services in all academic courses.
- Small group social skills sessions with other program participants.
For more information, please contact Amanda Ables.
Academic Services Program
This after-school program provides additional academic support to struggling learners in an encouraging and structured environment. Teachers or counselors may refer identified students to our academic interventionist for individualized learning plans. These incorporate personalized learning goals and tutoring services. Parental permission and support are necessary for acceptance into this program.
- Individual academic improvement plans for each student based on her goals and specific needs.
- Open communication between the assistant principal, counselors, literary specialist, parents and students to discuss progress.
- Direct academic instruction and in-house tutoring.
- Supportive environment with the necessary resources to carry out academic success.
- Student ownership of learning needs and development for long-term success.
To learn more, please contact Andrea Peavler.