Mercy Academy's Sister Prisca Achievement Center
Announcing Mercy Academy's new Sister Prisca Achievement Center (PAC), named for the beloved Sister of Mercy who was a major force in the educational history and mission of Mercy. The Sister Prisca Achievement Center is first of its kind in an all-girls Catholic high school environment. The PAC is designed to model collegiate learning and growth resource labs, equipped with the most modern resources to meet the unique needs of each learner.
Mercy is committed to promoting all students as analytical, high-performing and reflective learners. The Center provides support to any student in every subject area and academic level. Staffed with two expert interventionists, students of all academic abilities can receive one-on-one instruction to allow continual growth at a rate commensurate with her abilities. As a college preparatory school, receiving additional resources opens students to developing college and career skills, putting her at an advantage compared to those she will experience in her post-secondary pursuits.
Highlights of the program:
- Expert literacy and math instruction from experienced, certified educators
- Support in every subject area and academic level
- Standing desks, mobile furniture, MAC desk tops, and collaborative tables to enhance learning in an environment most conducive to the individual learner
- Strategy development with the instructor to strengthen study skills, time management and content knowledge
- Data tracking to determine individual needs and growth for reading, writing, and math achievement
- Extended hours in the morning and afternoon to accommodate busy students who have many extra-curricular obligations
- Academic support and counseling from a licensed school counselor to best determine goals as the learner plans for life beyond Mercy
- Access to tutors from Mercy's National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, and English National Honor Society in addition to community partners