2020-21 Reopening Plan
Welcome back, Mercy families!
Thank you so much for your feedback on the survey we sent to you. With your responses, and information we received from teachers, students and health professionals, we are excited to provide what we feel is the best plan for Mercy Academy’s reopening in the 2020-21 school year.
We understand that everyone has unique circumstances that may lead to unique questions. We believe this information helps answer as many of those questions as possible. Safety is our number one priority. We are working diligently alongside local health professionals every step of the way.
Click here to view our reopening plan for the 2020-21 school year.
Important changes to note:
- Mercy's school day will be from 8:00 a.m. - 2:55 p.m. every day with staggered dismissal from 2:40-2:55 p.m. We will not have 2:00 p.m. Thursday dismissals for at least the first academic quarter.
- Mercy will begin the school year at 50% capacity and will re-evaluate at the end of the first academic quarter (October 8). Students will be split by their last names: A-L one week and M-Z the next. Exceptions to the assigned schedule will be considered on an individual basis.
- Students have the option to remain fully online if that is their preference. Those who wish to participate in this option must complete this Online Only Request form by Friday, August 7.
- Faculty, staff and students will all be required to follow the Healthy at Mercy guidelines detailed in the reopening plan.
- Mercy is blessed to have a beautiful and inclusive 24-acre campus. We plan to utilize every bit of it this year! This includes, three outdoor athletic fields, outdoor classrooms, two gymnasiums, theatre, dance studio and more.
- Mercy will not have attendance related awards for all four years of high school, so that students do not feel pressured to come to school when they are not feeling well.
- Our July mailing will not be dispersed until early August due to changes in student schedules so that we can properly adjust class sizes for socially-distant learning.
- An updated Fall Highlights Calendar will be sent in the beginning of August.
- In the event that Mercy has any immediate messages necessary to communicate to you throughout the school year, we will notify you through REACH Alert. This can be set up to come as an email and/or a text.